• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ground strap stub thread size?

ctnsupra1

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know the thread size and pitch for the stud that holds the grounding strap on the back of the engine (eng to firewall braided strap)? Instead of taking it off I plan on putting a strap on top of the one already there and adding a nut in essence doubling up rather than replacing. Thanks.

'95 Sport 4.0l

I don't have the answer to your question, but by NOT removing the nut, cleaning the entire surface down to bare metal, treating it with an anti-corrosive agent, and making the connection TIGHT, you are wasting your time.

I wouldn't double it up... the OEM one is pretty worthless. If you take the original nut off, you can reuse it and only worry about the diameter, which you can measure.

I believe it's 7/16"-24 but I'm honestly not sure. Pull the nut off and use a thread finder at your local grainger/fastenal.

Yeah, replace the POS braided strap completely--4 or 2 ga cable.

Back