• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Repairing factory wiring harness connection. HELP!

Banditt007

NAXJA Forum User
98 4.0 ax-15

I noticed a worn wire that goes to the plug connector for the oil pressure sensor. The worn portion is as soon as the wire comes out of the plug connector, and continues on for a few inch's. So this means i have to remove the wire from the plug, get a new piece of wire, crimp on whatever connection piece that is needed to that new wire, and click it back into the plug. The connection piece i need that clicks into the plug and how to remove the old one from the plug is my question.

Last edited:
If its just the insulation,why not just repair it?

If its just the insulation,why not just repair it?

Yep ... just wrap the exposed section with some self amalgamating tape.

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=96183

Even tho the factory plugs and connectors are quite good to work on ... unless too brittle from heat exposure ......

Its not worth pulling the plug apart since a section of wire needs replacing anyway ... may as well just replace plug and both wires with a complete piece from a junkyard donor.

The insulation is worn off as well as the copper is all green/dark/corroded and has some fraying of the wires. If I just wrap it, it wont really solve anything since the copper underneath is shot.

I think i may try just buying the plug connector with some pig tails from it. Gonna check rock auto/ebay now..

I would go to the junkyard and pull the cable with a bit of extra off the best vehicle you can find. Make sure it's from a 97-01 or the connector won't fit your sensor.

Back