• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix TPS Ground measurement

ptf18

NAXJA Forum User
What should the Renix TPS ground resistance be? Mine, from the "B" terminal of the connector to the firewall ground, the battery post ground and engine block measures 1.5 ohms.

What should the Renix TPS ground resistance be? Mine, from the "B" terminal of the connector to the firewall ground, the battery post ground and engine block measures 1.5 ohms.

although I've not measured mine, I'd say less than an ohm. I know many people who've added an ancillary ground from the TPS to a solid ground and reported much more stable idle speeds and more predictable cold start idle speed.

In theory, the better the ground circuit, the closer to the 5V reference signal you will get at the TPS. You will need to re-adjust the TPS after adding/cleaning the ground, but I'm told it's worth the time and effort to do it.

1.5 ohms seems a bit high, and I'd agree that a dedicated ground wouldn't hurt. But remember that if you have a digital meter set at its most sensitive, you'll probably be getting .4 or so residual resistance from the meter fuse, so don't get all fanatical about eliminating that last half ohm.

Back