• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant make up my mind...3" lift..

moparmansfield

NAXJA Forum User
bear with me guys. i know people post stuff like this all the time, but im like the guy that stands in the cereal aisle for half an hour trying to pick out the one i want, too many options...

my deal is my lca bushings are shot and my rear leafs are sagging hard, plus i just picked up a 8.25 to replace my d35. so a lift is pretty much needed at this point. id like to spend close to $500 for a lift that comes with coils, lca's, and new leaf springs at the least. should i just go for a full kit, or try putting one together myself?

I wana hear what you guys did for a 3-3.5 lift and how much it cost.

$500 is tight to do a 3.5" kit right, find some used parts dealz, or correct the budget.
parts:
------------
coils,
lca's,
new leaf packs,
rear brakeline, (search for oem application that works)
front and rear shocks, i like fox 10's f/r.

for the front brake lines, just relocate the bracket on the frame rail.

Save your money and do it right. OME springs all the way and JKS tracbar, JKS UCA's, and JKS LCA's.

a bastard pack in the rear would work and save you quite a bit of coin, 500 bucks is a pretty srict limit though. id say wait til you get about 7 or 800

are you getting tires too?

Here's what I did on my latest XJ:

rear bastard pack utilizing full size Waggy springs - 3.5 lift
front coils from RC - 3 inch lift
Shocks from a 2009 JK - with a little bushing swapping they are perfect fit.

costs:

rear springs - 50.00
front coils - 100.00
shocks - freebie take offs at the Jeep shop down the road
Misc hardware, ubolts and such - 75.00

Grand total of 225.00. It goes down the road great. Best riding XJ i've had. I spent the left over cash on an SYE and bartered around for some 31's. Grand total of 800 including rubber. if you get creative - you can do great for 500 bucks.

Now i just have to get the keys back from my son....

at that budget i would try piecing together a kit. search around for some coils and LCAs on craigslist or even try the junkyard. i scored some Rancho 3" lift coils and LCAs for $40 on half price day. for brake lines just get YJ lines, they're cheap and longer than stock so a decent upgrade. then for the rear you might have cash left for new packs or you could just go the bastard pack route. then buy some decent shocks and you're good to go.

Rough Country 3" series 2 kit. They are well put together lifts and They will treat you right. PM roughcountry on here and Jeffrey will take care of you. Also, It pays to be a paying member on NAXJA when going through them.

I think for 500, a decent 3" kit is more than possible. Like all the others have mentioned, you have to be creative and patient in finding parts.

Basic things have been covered, and you should have good direction. But I would like to add that at 3" or 3.5", you will probably get vibration from your drive line. You can fab or buy drop brackets for your transfer case. Cheap alternative for the SYE.

Also, trac-bar... I think at about this height, its your call... if you can not afford it, its not going to make it impossible to drive, nor will it take much away from handling. But, you should try to squeeze that in your budget. I have a friend running stock arms and stock trac-bar on a 3.5" with 33's. It does just fine IMO.

Good luck!

trac-bar is next on the list. as for the tcase drop if its needed. and my buddy has some 31/10.50 all terrains that im going to pick up pretty cheap.

Back