• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heim steering question

Are you talking about heims that have the misalignment spacer machined as part of the ball?

i had misalignment spacers on my old setup on both ends of the drag link, regular heims on the tie rod

Ruffstuff 3/4 heims with high misalignment spacers for the draglink work perfect. You will need to relocate your sway bar brackets and have wheels with enough back spacing and your good...

all that has been said is corrent. i run the ballistic kit. the high misalignment spacers with the kit are good to have on the draglink. but not needed on the tie rod. it will come with safety spacers for that. takes a minute to figure out how they go but its not bad, since there are no directions with the kit. haha

tie rod ends.

just putting it out there.

nearly everyone i know who has switched over to heims has gone back to tie rod ends.

maybe it has to do with new england weather, but they make lotsa noise.

true they do make noise, but there always on the axles i buy. im going to be looking into going back to TRE's when the time comes to replace my heims.

supposedly heims are "stronger," but we could debate that all day

my ballistic heim set up doesnt make any noise. havent had it more than a few months but i keep them greased and all is quiet

i just got done with my steering, and noticed that there was alot of clanking going on under my rig, is it curable?

I also run my own heim setup and dont have any problem with noise. All parts wear out eventually but I do believe a heim will last longer than a TRE. Especially a heim of good quality. They are also cheaper to replace and easier to find. If you have clunking coming from under your rig it is probably something else or you bought some really cheap heims...

Why aluminum? not affraid of coming down on that thing? You never told us what your solution for the tie rod roll was...

Why aluminum? not affraid of coming down on that thing? You never told us what your solution for the tie rod roll was...

aluminum will flex up to 4" and return to straight.

to solve the rolling problem i made a spacer with cutting board material. works 100x better then the junk polyurethane spacer they give you

Back