• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any thing else you recomend?

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 xj I had bought 2 years ago with 50k miles.
It has hit 6 months ago but a semi, just crinkled the rear passenger corner
wreckage001.jpg

wreckage004.jpg

Crinkled the roof, dubbing it totaled, anywho

Took off all doors, including rear hatch, cut out the back roof above the quartpanels thus removing the rear windows, only window remaining is windshield.
I took out the stock dana's, Installed Ford 9" and dana 44 off of full size 79 Bronco
Specs on front 44
4.56 gears
Coil buckets raised 1.5" off axle for lil more lift
Extended control arm connections, 2.5" square tubing used for all this
Over knuckle steering
Custom Long arm kit

rear axle, 4.56 gears, converted leaf springs to bolt on, no U-bolts
4 shocks, all raised above axle so that they shock mounts dont drag on rocks
everything is welded to give it 6* angle without shims

4" MJ lift spring, since mj is axle over , it gave me 11 inches of lift, .75" shackles
8.5" rusty's springs, thats 10 inches with raised buckets, and 1.75" poly spacers

Custom drive shafts front and rear, sye

Snorkel, Hurculiner interior
Seats from Huey helicopter with harness system

engine has few perf mods, throttle body spacer, jet stage 2 chip
stock transfer case and tranny

runnin 35 12.50 tsl's
anythign else You can point out i need

i'm aware of lockers, dunno bout a fuel cell

any imput would be great
I'm tryin to get pics, im 4 hours from it, at college so might be dificult

a tail light.....ok ok... how bout Throwing some good lights on it up front. maybe some up underneath the sliders you should make. and its allways nice to have some good reverse lights....maybe hood vents?tire carrier/roof rack? Winch? unibody support? put some skid plates underneath? cage? i dont know if you "need" any of this but it might be better than not having it.

11 inches of lift on 35's? A roll cage is first. That's pretty tall. You didn't mention sliders or fuel tank skid, if you don't move it with the fuel cell. ANy snapshots of it cut and lifted?
I was at 8 inches with mine on 35's and I actually lowered it when I went to 38's.
Also plate the frame rails and tie the cage in so it stiffens up more. Will make the unibody last longer.

If you have pulled the doors, you could put the cage inside the b and c pillars.

Yeah, forgot to mention the cage, full cage inside, and its only got 35's untill i can afford bigger rubber, skids, bumpers..thats on my to-do list.. its far from finished and I'm not even lettin it leave the building until it is

driveline wise is my main thing... should I get a new tranny/ transfer case, i was just run them till they gave out

ZacSquatch said:
4" MJ lift spring, since mj is axle over

You've relocated the spring mounts?

MJ springs are longer than XJ springs.

Back