• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help finding bolt :0(

covertcombatant

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone,
I can't for the life of me find grade 8 bolts for the rear leaf springs. They are the same ones for the shackles also. If anyone knows where I can get them I'd appreciate it. I feel bad for even thinking of putting the old xj bolts in my new rubicon express lift. I also can't find the banjo bolts for the front caliper brake lines, my buddy stripped the shit out of those.
Thanks in advance,
Brian

your local autoparts store will have the banjo bolts. theres a bolt store down here in covina called king bolt its a drive for you but they always have every bolt i need.

Yeah it was funny,No one had the banjo bolt for it. Tried everyone except napa, they were closed by the time I got the old one out. Kragen, pep dudes, and nappy all said they didn't have it in there system and none of the ones in stock would fit it! Trying napa tomorrow on that, thanks for the king bolt suggestion. I promised the kids I'd take them to raging waters tomorrow so I will stop in and buy those!

that will bring you real close! Auto zone usually has banjo bolts in-stock..... if the hose man is still open in irwindale i would assume they might have them. heck i wouldn't be surprised if king bolt has them.

they're actually metric, so you want ISO Property Class 10.9 not grade 8... same thing, essentially, just the metric standard. They're M14x2.0 and 120mm long, flange head.

I got my rear leaf spring bolts @ the dealer.

Carl Burger Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep in La Mesa (San Diego) had two of them in stock, in their original packaging.

They were like 7 or 8 bucks, and yeah, they're beefy grade 10's, not grade 8.

Worth it to me, that I now have brand new bolts in the front hangers, on both sides.

:)

They're the same bolt as is used on the LCAs, and also on the front (and rear, I think) LCAs on the ZJ, and the front LCAs on the WJ. So they should be in stock like SanDiegoOverland said... if you feel like getting reamed.

Back when I knew very little about getting stuff cheap, I was happy to pay $4.50/ea plus a couple bucks each for the nuts from zmjeeps. The part numbers are 34202118 and 11502814, funjeepsparts.com has them for even cheaper, 3 bucks for the bolts and 2 for the nuts.

The stock bolts are actually stronger than grade 8. I would clean up the stock bolts and paint them. If you don't want to do that there's Top Line Products here in Temecula. They will have the bolts in grade 8 and they also have F911 bolts which are higher than grade 8. If you need directions call me at (951)225-5551.

They're the same bolt as is used on the LCAs, and also on the front (and rear, I think) LCAs on the ZJ, and the front LCAs on the WJ. So they should be in stock like SanDiegoOverland said... if you feel like getting reamed.

Back when I knew very little about getting stuff cheap, I was happy to pay $4.50/ea plus a couple bucks each for the nuts from zmjeeps. The part numbers are 34202118 and 11502814, funjeepsparts.com has them for even cheaper, 3 bucks for the bolts and 2 for the nuts.

lol.

My name is Brian, and, apparently, I like getting reamed. :D

Yeah... I learned that one the tough way too :cheers: the stealership is real proud of their stuff.

I still buy all new hardware when I remember to pick it up ahead of time, I just hate reusing really rusty bolts, but funjeepsparts is about the best site for jeep specific fasteners out there these days. Same place I get my gas tank J-bolts and a few other things. You just gotta know the magical 8-digit number for the bolt you want!

Back