• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise Control

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased my 93 XJ Country... It seems to have most of the options including Cruise Control... I dont know how to work the controls on the staulk...and even if i did im pretty sure it doesn't work... Any ideas? Thanks Andy

i have a 96 contry and my cruise control is on the steering wheel but if it doesnt work check the vac lines - i had 1 come apart a fill up with dirt

I noticed that my heater wouldnt change...from defrost. I found a vaccum line going to nothing under the hood so i plugged it... The heat works and cruise still doesnt... i looked for a while and couldnt find where the spare line went... once again i know nothing about the cruise set up... the electrical part of the system doesnt seem to cut on either... on the staulk there is a button on the end, and a small switch that has an on and off possition and also slides toward the colum... which i assume is Accel. I dont know! HELP! Thanks for the advise Demiv

on mine there was a "t" behind/under the battery tray that broke and sucked dirt i followed the line to the other side near the intake where i found the clog

When going faster than 35mph flip the switch to on. Then push the button on the end to set the speed. That's how mine works. Good luck!

lowrange2 said:
So if i flip the switch towards the steering wheel that turns it on? DOes a light come on?
Yep, that should turn it on. No light comes on. Could be a fuse. Could be the vacuum diaphram is shot.

thanks for the tip on the vacuum tube guys - i had exactly the same fault on my 2000XJ with the heater that wouldn't change from defrost. I found that a vacuum tube on the inlet manifold had come off. I simply pressed it back in and the problem with the heater is solved. I can't wait to get out on the road to see if my cruise control once again is also working!

Back