• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need SYE Ideas.

Red_daggsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My buddy wants to put a SYE kit in his XJ to stop the vibrations from the drive-line. He doesn't do any major off roading, if at all, but likes the 4 in lift on it and doesn't want to drop it. He mostly drive it around town and back and forth from OC to SD as he's in the Navy.

Does anyone have any suggestion on the cheapest ($) way to go about this, or should I just order AA kit and do it?

The cheapest way is a hack and tap if he has the skills to do it. Otherwise the AA kit is probably his best bet.

Is that where you hack off the end of output shaft, tap threads on the end and use a different yoke?

I would have to take apart the case to do that anyways, so why not spend $200 and get the kit?

Also, what kind of drive shaft can I get to put in? I just want to go to a junkyard and pull one. Can't I grab a front DS from a wrangler or something?

dwchkypmp20, I'm interested in what you have? I am in immediate SYE kit and shaft...

I'm always u for a deal ;)

dwchkypmp20, I'm interested in what you have? I am in immediate SYE kit and shaft...

I'm always u for a deal ;)

umm, habla ingles? :doh: You should pm dwchkypmp20 backchannel

Before anyone makes suggestions it's ideal to know what year XJ and transfer case you have.

if he's got 4" of lift and a t-case drop, it may not be necessary to go SYE. Check the angles at both ends of his driveshaft - they need to be the same. If you have 24* at one end and 19* at the other - it will vibe. Some quick shims under the leafs can fix it.

Back