• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrench party right now!!

skull_black

NAXJA Forum User
gonna start workin on the jeep guys ill have pics up in a few mins of where stuff broke. if anyone wants to head over feel free when people do start to come i have beer and ill get pizza

also my tool options are limited now being that ive lost some so if you want to wrench on your rig too you may need to bring some tools cuz i may not have it

2778 west baylor ave anaheim ca 92801
714-328-2156

last thing dont get mad at above parenthesis area im a patient so its legal =)

Last edited by a moderator:
The damage
02f37492.jpg

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/skull1black/93b03d6a.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/skull1black/a4517946.jpg
174d96dd.jpg

The driveshaft
378cd433.jpg

eac5f427.jpg

a727d8ed.jpg

The collateral damage

b9e301f0.jpg

feff2793.jpg

2e19d881.jpg

Am I missing something here. I don't see anything broken. I see some caps that poped off your u-joints but I am assuming they popped off when you removed the rear driveshaft. Did the driveshaft actually pop off the rear output shaft? If so, how much lift are you running?

It looks like the u-joint was toast for a long time. From the pics it looks like you can just replace the u-joint and be done.

Your right. I just went back and looked at the ends and realized the left one is tappered. I would assume there has been a rattle coming from your back end for a while. It sill doesn't look like anything broke though. Pop in a new u-joint and call it a day.

It looks like the u-joint was toast for a long time. From the pics it looks like you can just replace the u-joint and be done.

As long as the threads in the yoke aren't toasted and he has the missing bolt or a spare.

a4517946.jpg

ya i looked at it again doesnt look broke i just need the spare bolt, im sure i have one laying around
im running a 6.5 inch lift with just a 1" tcase drop should i switch to a sye?

I'm willing to bet the little tab on the rear axle yoke that is supposed to keep the ujoint caps from walking out is missing, that looks EXACTLY like what happened when mine came apart down to the same dents in the floor and the muffler lol. Start looking for a new yoke or its just going to keep happening. Or check your rear ujoint once a week to make sure the cap isn't coming out.

Also check to make sure the output on the tcase isn't bent, mine got a pretty nasty bend in it when the DS fell out on the freeway :gee: in 2wd start the jeep up and put it in D, only the rear shaft will spin and you can see if its wobbling or not. if so you either need to rebuild it and replace the shaft or start looking for a new tcase.

ya i looked at it again doesnt look broke i just need the spare bolt, im sure i have one laying around
im running a 6.5 inch lift with just a 1" tcase drop should i switch to a sye?

I was always told that 4.5" is the max you can go without a SYE and even that doesn't work on the 97+ models. At 6.5" you must have been getting some serious vibrations. Those vibs probably caused that driveshaft to eat up your u-joints and bolts. Probably want to get a SYE installed first before you go any further.

LOL man that's a lot of four loco, boy you gon' die! :D I'm also laughing at everyone thinking he's talking about a comanche :roflmao:

haha thats not all the four loco hahaha and ya thnx for pointing that out grimm rofl!

You call THAT damage? How cute.
not really but what else should i call it

A hack and tap is only $100
whats that do?

At 6.5" you must have been getting some serious vibrations. Those vibs probably caused that driveshaft to eat up your u-joints and bolts. Probably want to get a SYE installed first before you go any further.
not really ive never noticed any problems, or maybe ive just always had bad vibes and didnt know lol but no one ever pointed anything like that out

Well I'm outside again waiting for some people to come......

Anyone??

LOL
Well ya ill be out here all week and then some cuz I ain't got sh*t to
do haha so what day sounds like a a good wrench day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm outside again waiting for some people to come......

Anyone??

LOL
Well ya ill be out here all week and then some cuz I ain't got shit to
do haha so what day sounds like a a good wrench day.
For just $19.95 you, yes you, can have your very own LIFE! Just pay a modest shipping and handling charge. BUT WAIT! Order in the next 10 minutes and get absolutely free (just pay a modest shipping and handling fee) a CLUE! Yes that's right, the perfect thing for those WTF? :dunno: moments! Hurry to the phone NOW!
:D

For just $19.95 you, yes you, can have your very own LIFE! Just pay a modest shipping and handling charge. BUT WAIT! Order in the next 10 minutes and get absolutely free (just pay a modest shipping and handling fee) a CLUE! Yes that's right, the perfect thing for those WTF? :dunno: moments! Hurry to the phone NOW!
:D

Lmao :)

Back