• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The teardown has begun!

GrimmJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
just got up to Leep's place, pulling the interior tonight and tomorow pics when i get home. just pulled 4 bags worth of trash and beer cans out of the XJ, thanks guys for using my broken XJ as a trash can you jackasses :looser:

:D

Mike you still planning on working on this thing Next weekend too?

unless something comes up :gee: got most of the interior out, about to start working on pulling the dash.

got all but the steering column and wiring out of the interior. I pulled everything out so when im ready the wiring could come out of there without having it be a pain in the ass. Next time I head up there I'll pull the bumpers and the fenders, then start pulling apart the things under the hood.

I popped the drivers seat back in and put one of the front bolts in a couple of turns, and leftthe steering column held in just enough that you could move it if you need to.

got all but the steering column and wiring out of the interior. I pulled everything out so when im ready the wiring could come out of there without having it be a pain in the ass. Next time I head up there I'll pull the bumpers and the fenders, then start pulling apart the things under the hood.

I popped the drivers seat back in and put one of the front bolts in a couple of turns, and leftthe steering column held in just enough that you could move it if you need to.

No need to move it, not in the way at all.

Just let me know when you are wanting to move the doner shell so you can put the parts on.

I think he's talking about me, lol.

I told you a week ago I was heading up to pull the interior Ted, try to keep up :D

I have pics, too lazy to unload the camera lol. here's one from my phone:

34921_1435230934446_1643138606_1062521_28569_n.jpg

I'll get em uploaded soon, too busy putting the saturn back together, tonight I hope to get the alarm in and the killswitch finished. I'm working two jobs and taking some gen ed classes online that tie me up for 2 hours 5 nights a week, so I don't have much free time right now.

I didn't really have to pull all the interior, but i am picky when it comes to F'ing with wiring. I'd rather have everything out of the way when it comes time to pull the harness out than mess around fishing wires around all the crap that's left in there. I actually enjoy taking things apart its putting them back in that gets to be annoying :D

Jim got my dash, My plans don't include one for the buildup of my new XJ ;) All that's really going into the new shell is the motor, trans, axles and suspension (for now) and the wiring. just enough to get it driveable to and from the fab shop that is going to be building the cage in case he needs it out of there when actual paying customers come in.

Back