• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveshaft HELP! plz

hawkeye

NAXJA Forum User
my 2000 xj has a 2inch lift, blocks on rear leafs, 2 inch extended rubicon express shocks, rear sway bar removed, wheel wells cut out for added clearance, factory bump stops.

i was on trail, first time after lifting the jeep, had the axles articulating very wheel, when all of a sudden i hear a loud bang, and as i was in a place i really couldnt stop, get out and look, kept going a short distance, kept hearing a bang, my driveshaft had fallen off the splines on the transfer case and got jammed between it and the rear axle.

has anyone else experianced a driveshaft simply falling out with a 2-3 inch lift?

Lift blocks on the soft and flexy factory original springs gives the axle extra leverage to cause spring wrap. The pinion probably rotated enough to pull the drive shaft off the slip yoke.

Get rid of the lift blocks and start saving for a Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE).

i fixed the problem by scoring a correct length driveshaft from my buddys extra parts pile. but thanks

i fixed the problem by scoring a correct length driveshaft from my buddys extra parts pile. but thanks

so you were running the wrong length driveshaft?

Back