• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheels

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
would 15x8 w/ 3.75bs and 235/75/15 look good or will it look stupid? will the tires stick way outside the flares. I can get a really good deal for a set and would like to know. thanks
:cheers:

You're going to stretch those 235's on an 8" rim. My 235's were on an 8" rime before i put on 31's and it wasn't good for them. I'd either run them on a 7" rim or look to a bigger tire, like maybe a 30x9.5.

i run 235/75r15 Dueler A/T revo's on cragar 15x8 wheels with 4 inch BS and i think it looks awsome it sticks out 1 or 2 inches past the flares and makes the truck look aggressive

it is a bit of a stretch to put them on 8 inch wheels and takes a while but it can be done

How about get the set.. since its a good deal, and save them for when you go bigger. 235/75's belong on 15x7 or stock wheels.. IMHO

2000_XJ said:
i run 235/75r15 Dueler A/T revo's on cragar 15x8 wheels with 4 inch BS and i think it looks awsome it sticks out 1 or 2 inches past the flares and makes the truck look aggressive

it is a bit of a stretch to put them on 8 inch wheels and takes a while but it can be done
got any pics
anyone

the 235 fit fine for now, im getting a lift soon and am going bigger to 31s or 32s

i dont have any pics right now but i will soon, i hope

this are the tires i have now they say 235/75/15 but they are bigger then any other tire that size i put them next to. i was almost afraid they would rub. i put them next to 30x9.5 and they are only a little smaller and about the same width.
IMG_0505.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

yeah i thought they would rub too before i got mine on and they did rub but only on the place where my bumper was bent from and accident so i cut part of it off

thanks not many people like my logic but i dont care im gonna get a new bumper soon any way so its not a big deal
i looking into a JCR bumper if heard good things about them

2065986_68_full.jpg

This is my rig with 30x9.5(true height is about 29") on 15x8 4"bs. A 235 is just a little smaller than this measuring about 28.8"s so should look about the same

just a word of caution, if you run with tread outside of the flairs watch where you drive it. Here in PA it is not a nice fine. Also you'll tear up your paint with everything thrown up onto it from the tires, if you care about the paint.

IMO, get the wheels but save them for use with a wider tire unless the 235's are going to be replaced soon, putting them on an 8" wide wheel will cause them to wear faster.

Gil BullyKatz said:
How many horsepower did you gain with that exhaust tip?
dont you mean how much
ha ha, to each there own

i got pulled over here in Va the other day for "trespassing" and the cop didnt say anything about the tires going past the fenders
i some how talked my way out of the ticket by telling him i was just "testing my new tires"

im not too worried about my paint because i go to school for auto body and can fix my truck myself for cheap

Back