• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler lift

XJKcali

NAXJA Forum User
Just finished installing a 4.5 RK short arm lift on my '99 XJ (d30/8.25). The problems is with the rear springs. First I had issues with the bushings and sleeves but I was able to work around that. My new problem is when I put the full weight of the Jeep on the rear, the shackles swang rearward and are now pressed up against the body. This tells me that the springs are to long. They are Deaver springs and from what I can tell from Deavers web site they are the right ones though they don't list a 4.5 lift spring for the XJ. Before I start complaining am I missing something? My last lift that used leaves was a '76 Blazer, and my JK has coils all around. Enlighten me please. I do hope that I missed something simple so that I do not have to go and take it apart. ship stuff back, etc...

you will need a set of "boomerang" shackles alot of companies sell em

I cut out a section of the rear bulkhead of mine to make room for the shackles to swing but you need to have a good shackle angle so relocation kits are probably your best bet.

aftermarket shackles are alot stonger, with the relocation bracket you would endup reusing your stock weak shackle, id look into the jks 1" shackle as it wont lift your jeep to much higher

A lot of companies sell boomerang shackles, and i've got a pair of Rubicon Express one's in my 89, good for about 1" lift and totally eliminated the problem you have, and it flexes MUCH better as well as longer shackles will. But what i'm going to run in my 01 is a set of 1/2" shackles that came with the jeep and THESE. A combination of these will give me a stronger and longer shackle than stock, better ride on and off road, flex out the wazoo, and (to a point) ride hight adjust ability. However give me about 1 1/2"- 2" of lift though so i'm going to get some smaller leafs.

Back