• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need creative minds...

mikeny59

NAXJA Member #300
dentvent.jpg

Significant dents behind the top of the duct-taped oem air filter box.

I have some time to cut 'n fab, and have been planning to add cold air intake (not snorkel) to cover up the dents. Want to combine both.

I sort of like the "heck w/you" look, but also have been contemplating a cleaner look, maybe home depot vents, whatever.

Please expand my mind, thanks :cheers:

definitely not going bigger, may relocate to fl. but my homeowners association already banned suvs/pickups w/oversize tires.

definitely ghetto, pix was taken maybe a year ago for the heck of of it.

i keep the xj garaged when i'm in fl., rule-breaking is probably moot.

west marine is right around block, i get most of my electrical stuff there, but they charge top $ cause they think all who enter store are yacht owners :scottm:

thanks though...

12 gauge, could run metallic dryer vent hose (seriously) and paint it black.

i also have so much pvc and elbows at home, the snorkel may be viable, maybe reducing height of cover and killing 3 birds is a good option - dents hidden, cold air, and snorkel.

but again, if i ditch this h$&%hole of a state and fly south, a snorkel may be justified...

yeah, but's it's cool having a gator living in the lake AND the UFC babes sunbathing at the pool :woohoo:

not really what kind of vehicles, just ones like mine, work trucks w/ writing on the side, etc.

Fl. doesn't have car inspections, you should see the rat traps driving around orlando, 'specially the ones w/no more valve guides or piston rings.

I'm getting older, I don't mind, again, I have a garage, and NOBODY leaves their cars outside; they tend to melt ha-ha-ha

Last edited:
Back