• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Job Help

XJ Addiction

NAXJA Forum User
I need help replacing my rear drum brake shoes and wheel cylinders. I am new to NAXJA and this is my first XJ. I have attempted a rear brake job in the past and had to have a mechanic redo them. Any help would be appreciated.
I live in Yucaipa.
Thanks

Only take one side at a time apart, that way you have a reference.

Sorry you are a little far for me to help you in person

Good luck

The biggest pain is removing the springs holding it all in tact. Just take your time and keep a mental note.

use a digital camera for your "before" reference... that way in all your frustrations- your mental image doesn't get fubar'd. get a cheap drum brake tool from NAPA- helps more than you could imagine.

get a cheap drum brake tool from NAPA- helps more than you could imagine.

x2

Definately worth it.

And, taking pictures is a good idea. Short of that, do one side at a time for reference.

I am pretty far drive for you, but if you want to bring it to north San Diego, I would be glad to help.

You still going to be working on it tomorrow Dave? I can give you a hand then.

40 dollars labor isnt bad, i ended up paying 160 for a rear drum job. i didnt have time to eff up my brakes so all the while i was getting my alignment done i got my rear brakes serviced too, and wow what a difference it all made =) ( my personal alignment was WAY OFF!)

Back