• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97XJ needs advice on new front brakes

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
My 97 has the worst front brakes. Dust is so bad that if I don't scrub the wheels each weekend it becomes an embarrassment.

Anyone know of good combination of rotors and pads that stop well and have no to low dusting issues?

Thanks,
Jeff-97XJ

i just put new rotors and pads and bled the brakes on my 2001. made a HUGE difference. bought regular replacement rotors, ceramic duralast pads, regular dot 3 brake fluid. had them on for about 4000 miles and has very low dust and ive had to do some hard braking on the freeway and they felt very strong and reliable. i would definitley bleed the brakes while your into it, made a noticable difference.

Most aggressive pads you can get
Get your rotors turned if they are warped, if not you can get away with scuffing them
Bleed the brakes until you get new, clear fluid from all wheels

????
profit :)

The stock brake pads on my 98 saw better days at about 40k miles, down to the screech indicator. Fortunately, the rotors were still good....

I picked up replacement house brand pads at a Car Quest auto parts store, and I'm now at 145k with the same pads, and they probably only worn through about 2/3 of the pads. Dust is minimal at best!

Next time through, I'm getting the same pads!!! I'm surprized the the Car Quest pads lasted over 2x's the life of the stock pads...

Just a thought.....YMMV

Back