• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Ride...

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Looks like I'll be getting a new ride. Still a ways off from actual sign-over but it's a 2005 Kawasaki KLR650, a whole different kind of wheeling. So who else is into the dual sport gig?

my other ride would be a 86 Yamaha bw200, 85 Honda bigred 250 or the baja bug im building... no street bikes for me till i get out of this state full of horrendous drivers

Did this ever happen???????????

E

Yes and no.

Yes I'm decided, no we haven't exchanged monies yet. THe bike is in my garage and I've got an appointment on the 5th to finally get my M1 endorsement, went and practiced on the circle of doom this past Sunday in fact.

Here's the Pink Prince on PV Drive East.
38235_1436404283564_1636690197_1046669_3193036_n.jpg

I used to ride my ninja down that street all the time when I still had it. It's a great place to ride, but very dangerous. That road gets closed down all the time from motorcycle crashes.

I used to ride my ninja down that street all the time when I still had it. It's a great place to ride, but very dangerous. That road gets closed down all the time from motorcycle crashes.

I'm always surprised by how few bikes I see on both sides of that road. I've only had the bike a few weeks and I've ridden it every chance I can, it's a fun one.

Not too much speed to worry about with the KLR, it's rather slow, doesn't stop well, and handles for shit, it's basically the XJ of the motorcycle world so I ride it accordingly.

Screw the bike... Look at that view... :D .....

Maybe I'll take a ride and get those shocks from you... and take a detour on that road.
I like how you parked your bike right next to the sign on the road that says, "No Stopping Anytime."

Have you taken the MSF yet?? If not, TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Screw the bike... Look at that view... :D .....

Maybe I'll take a ride and get those shocks from you... and take a detour on that road.
I like how you parked your bike right next to the sign on the road that says, "No Stopping Anytime."

Trust me, it would be worth it. That pic doesn't even begin to show some of the AMAZING views you would see riding up here. You can see just about everything up here depending on what side of the hill you are on and how clear the weather is. You can see the beach/cliffs, you can see the long beach port, downtown l.a., catalina, and more.

Took it second-hand a long time ago. Never got around to taking it back then adn wish I did, now I just can't justify the $250 it runs when I already know the vast majority, if not all, of what they teach. If it was still $75 like it used to be I'd have already taken it just so I didn't have to deal with the circle of doom. Those cheating bastards at the Torrance DMV have the test area paved with the slickest asphalt they could find!

Trust me, it would be worth it. That pic doesn't even begin to show some of the AMAZING views you would see riding up here. You can see just about everything up here depending on what side of the hill you are on and how clear the weather is. You can see the beach/cliffs, you can see the long beach port, downtown l.a., catalina, and more.

Yup, great stuff there. On the South side of PV Drive East (the road in that photo) you always see cars in the turnoffs at night. :loveu: I might have been run off by LASD once from one of those very turnouts...

Portuguese Bend is fun too although not as bumpy as it used to be. That's the fun part about a dualsport, while usually I avoid bumps on a bike on this I seek them out!

Back