• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help again again and again

Well for starters is there any visible damage inside the cap? Have you yanked the dizzy to see if you have any metal shavings? See if the teeth have any abnormal wear on them.

Did it just start out of no where or did you replace anyting like the cap and rotor? I would take the cap and rotor off them reinstall them making sure everything looks good and is seated properly. If thats all ok then could be the bearing.

If you there no marks on the cap from the rotor, i would mark where the rotor is pointing and the remove the dizzy to see if you can fell or see any marks on the teeth.. Then turn the gear slowly in your hand to fell if it gets tight..When my bearing went is was over night, went out to start it and bang she was yelling at me..

Yea thats the only thing, i have to drive a long ways too, but every town has one i think..Go to one(parts store) thats all over CA so if it goes out you can take it back to them

I had the same thing happen. Loud squeeling noise! Cap and rotor were fine.
Removed the distributor and the bushing the shaft rides on had a varnish build up on it and it had resistance when I turned it by hand. I pulled the shaft, cleaned and lapped the bushing greased it up and it's been fine since the repair, 6 or 8 months now.

You have to be carefull if you lapp or hone the bushing, you dont want to take much material off or you will lose tolerance and the shaft will wobble. Then you have to replace the bushing or the distributor.

A good cleaning and lube of the bushing and shaft fixed mine.

Good luck.

Back