• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 xj rear axle alignment

DetroitJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I have a 94 jeep Cherokee with 4.5 lift. I was driving down the highway and i saw that my back wheel was rubbing on the front side of the back wheel well. So i pull over and saw that my axle has twisted so i looked around and my leaf bolts that attach to the axle have come loose. Now how do i align the rear axle? :helpme:

The leafs should have centering pins that go into a hole in the axle to locate the axle. If the ubolts are loose, you may have sheared the centering pins off.

The rear axle leaf pad mounts have a center hole drilled in them and the leaf springs have the center pin. That automatically aligns the rear axle then just tight the u-bolts down good and tight. BTW the 4.5" lift is it spring pack or are there blocks in the lift too?

if the pins are sheared from the leaf packs you can replace them with an allen head bolt, I' m not sure the size for the XJ's, maybe 1/4? the MJ pins are larger, and that's all I'm familiar with.
You'll probably have to grind them a little to fit, they need to fit tightly into the spring perch on the axle.

if the pins are sheared from the leaf packs you can replace them with an allen head bolt, I' m not sure the size for the XJ's, maybe 1/4? the MJ pins are larger, and that's all I'm familiar with.
You'll probably have to grind them a little to fit, they need to fit tightly into the spring perch on the axle.

3/8x16 socket head cap screw 3 or 3.5" long.

Back