• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 4.0 ac compessor no pwr

Anker26

NAXJA Forum User
I attempted to charge my ac today but the compressor is not kicking on. I checked the plug and no pwr. I was able to verify that the compressor is good by unplugging and plugging the relay. When I did this, the clutch would engage for about a second. At this point I had about two cans of freon in the system. I'm not sure if this is related but air only blows out of the defrost vents. Where should I start. Thanks!!!

If you've got 2 cans in it and it still won't run then you've either got a massive leak or some other problem (meaning it may actually be overcharged). Best to get it tested with a good harness, and also get it drawn out with a vacuum and see what shows up.

Vent selection is controlled by a vacuum harness on the back of the HVAC head unit in the dash. It should be an unrelated problem.

Back