• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LA AREA LAND USE MEETING THURSDAY JULY 8TH!!!

Gerr

NAXJA Forum User
I received this just a few minutes ago from the adopt a trail folks
Alert, Obama Great Outdoors Meeting In LA, CA Thurs. July 8thXAlert – Alert – AlertXPrivate property, multiple-use, recreation and rural communityadvocates must attend.XYou may not get another chance.XThis is a big deal. You do not want to miss out or find out laterthatXyou lost rightsXbecause you failed to go to this listeningsession.XX-----There is a concept in law called “laches” or “sleeping onyour rights.” If you fail to participate in a planning process, youmay be prevented from asserting your rights in court later.XXThese listening sessions are the beginning of the Obama GreatOutdoors Initiative that will involve massive new land use controlsnationwide and new National Monuments. Until recently, only theenvironmental groups and Congress were getting notified ahead of timeto the best of our knowledge.X Listening Session and Discussion Information:XWhen: Thursday - July 8, 2010, 3:00 pm to 7:00 pmXXWhere: Thorne HallXXOccidental CollegeX1600 Campus RoadXLos Angeles, CA 90041 (See map atXhttp://www.oxy. edu/x6307. xml) -----Please forward this message as widely as possible.This listening session is about the plan that is part of the battlebetween the House Natural Resources Committee and the White House andInterior Departments over the release of secret documents describingthe full extent of the Obama Great Outdoors Initiative.

this is being notified ahead of time? a meeting during the work day .. tomorrow?

that isn't directed at you gerr, thanks for bringing this here - but it saddens me that this is still the fastest notice we get.

Unfortunetly, since my job change i absolutely cannot make it. I hope someone I trust is there to represent my opinions.

gerr didn't post the "cleghorn" bs, & is just now posting something that will have happened before I finish this. what a stand-up guy for our rights. wish you & your buddy had been w/ me in grenada, panama, & gulf-war 1

Terry,

Gerr isn't the one closing trails, at least he is going out and finding the info on his own. If you aren't going to be proactive, for the love of god stop attacking the people that are. What is it going to accomplish? Call your congressman and complain to them.

Terry feel free to adress me in person, your internet tuff guy bullshit is lame as hell, I don't care where you served your still a tool Unlike most people I've met that served.

I posted this information because I had the info and didn't see it posted any where. I didn't post the cleghorn stuff because I didn't get it sent to me.

Back