• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

78' BRONCO DANA 44

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
I CAN GET A 44 FROM A 78 BRONCO FOR $400 ROTOR TO ROTOR. dID SOME RESEARCH BUT CANT FIND WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR.. IS 78 THE YEAR WHERE THERE IS NO TUBE BETWEEN THE RADIUS WEDGES? I HAVE THE TNT LONG ARM KIT AND DO NOT WANT TO USE THE FORD RADIUS ARMS. SO I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THIS IS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR SO I DONT CUT OFF THE WEDGES AND AM STUCK WITHT HE AXLE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS.. -MATT

P.S SORRY ABOUT CAPS. AT WORK AND CANNOT TAKE CAPS OFF.

Cast wedges (no tube), but they can be welded to.

Some on here will argue but several have done it and it works fine.

HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT WELDING OVER THE TUBE THAT I CUT OUT?

I don't know about Oregon, but 76-77 F150 HP44s are pretty easily and cheaply found out here (~$100 an axle).

I found Adam (Dundy) a 78 F250 HP44 (cast leaf spring pad next to diff, more cast ribs on diff) for $100.

I don't know about Oregon, but 76-77 F150 HP44s are pretty easily and cheaply found out here (~$100 an axle).

I found Adam (Dundy) a 78 F250 HP44 (cast leaf spring pad next to diff, more cast ribs on diff) for $100.

HERE IN OREGON SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE WANTS TO KEEP THEIR OLD STUFF IN THEIR FRONT YARD OR DOIGN THE SAME SWAP I AM. THE AXLE I CAN GET IS REBUILT FOR $400 ITS NOT JUST A RUSTY PILE, ITS ACTUALLY ALREADY GOOD TO GO. JUST GOT TO CUT OFF OLD MOUNTS AND WELD ON THE NEW ONES. SO YOUR SAYING THE 76-77'S ARE THE FULL TUBES WELDED ON WEDGES AND THE 78'S ARE THE CAST WEDGES?

I kept mine full width and used the radius arms and wristed one. I love the suspension and it was cheap.

HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT WELDING OVER THE TUBE THAT I CUT OUT?

Well first, you would start out by pressing your CAPS LOCK BUTTON

:insertillegalpirateflipoffsmiley:

:D

Well first, you would start out by pressing your CAPS LOCK BUTTON

:insertillegalpirateflipoffsmiley:

:D

READ FIRST POST STUPID!!!

I CAN GET A 44 FROM A 78 BRONCO FOR $400 ROTOR TO ROTOR. dID SOME RESEARCH BUT CANT FIND WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR.. IS 78 THE YEAR WHERE THERE IS NO TUBE BETWEEN THE RADIUS WEDGES? I HAVE THE TNT LONG ARM KIT AND DO NOT WANT TO USE THE FORD RADIUS ARMS. SO I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THIS IS WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR SO I DONT CUT OFF THE WEDGES AND AM STUCK WITHT HE AXLE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANKS.. -MATT

P.S SORRY ABOUT CAPS. AT WORK AND CANNOT TAKE CAPS OFF.

READ FIRST POST STUPID!!!
All I want to know is how you typo'd that lowercase d into there.

Not giving you crap over it, just wondering, and I've never seen a computer that won't let you turn caps off, though companies manage to do some pretty stupid things when they feel like it.

yeah... that's my bet too. Maybe I'm just fairly picky, but I'd probably type while holding down the shift key if my computer refused to turn off capslock :spin1:

Back