• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

L.E.D. taillights and turn signals

RabidRabit

NAXJA Forum User
I've got the brake lights working, I've got the running lights working but when the running lights are on the break lights don't make the L.E.D.s any brighter. Power for the brake lights is getting to the taillights when the brake is depressed but the lights don't get brighter. Without the running lights the brake lights work, the running lights work arggg

There is a separate hot wire for the brake lights and the running lights. Your LED brake light should have 3 wires going to it, a running light +, a brake light +, and a ground. You will also need a load compensator or a no-load flasher for the hazard lights and turn signals.

Yeah, the L.E.D. has three coming off of it, one black, one red and a white that grounds out on one of the housing bolts. The XJ brake light has a dark blue, a black and and a light blue, both the running lights (the bigger bulb on the back and the marker on the side) a dark blue and a black.
I've spliced the black all together, the dark blues altogether and grounded the white on the housing bolt. My signal lights are on another light.
My running lights on both sides work, my signals both work and when the running lights are turned off the brake lights work, I believe there is power running thru them when the running lights are on too but the light does not show any difference between the running lights and the break lights. Hence no one will be able to see that I'm braking when the running lights are turned on.

Back