• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

head gasket difference?

Wallyman

NAXJA Forum User
Okay i did searching and wasnt able to find this particular topic.
I have a 199XJ...bought the "head kit" so i could replace the head gasket and quit oiling the roadway.Im sure it isnt meant to be slippery..
Anyways,..the old gasket, sa well as the new one, dont have holes where it would seem as though there are water jacket holes in the head and block.These would be on the driver side of the engine.Is this an incorrect gasket or were these holes not supposed to connect to pass water?
I had no cooling issues before other than in the summer, as do we all, so i shall just stick with whats working.Just doesnt seem right.

So you had a burnt out head gasket? What brand Gasket did you get? Part #? Any pics?

No pics, it just had a portion that was passing oil.
the onei purchased was from ORiellys, its a FelPro kit including all the other gaskets like thermostat, exhaust/intake, o-rings for injectors,a couple others also i have forgotten.

Its the type with the sealant built in.

Back