• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" Rough Country lift question

DarksydeFAB

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed the 4.5" rough country lift. Basic kit with rear leaf packs. I find that the front wheel sits very far back in the wheel well and the spring retainer/bumpstop mount is very close to the front of the coilspring. Is this common with this kit?

Also had a nasty vibration while I was driving. Installed a dropped pittman arm and it has gone away fully.

I do not get any death wobble what so ever so that is the one plus so far.

Picked up the rough country adjustable upper and lowers with the x flex joints. the measurements they give are the same as the stock upper and fixed lowers that come in the kit.

It is asking for 15.5" uppers and 16.5" lowers any length suggestions would be great. Im building this for my daughters birthday present so I want it to be right. I have never had these issues with my ZJ.

Thanks for the help guys

O the RC old style swaybar disco's are useless noises junk. just my opinion.

I like RC and they are good guys I deal with them daily. but it is the first time I have installed one of their kits in a personal vehicle.

Do you have lower control arm drop brackets?

If its not gonna see lots of rocks just go with the drop brackets. IMO if its going to be more of a dd/weekend warrior go with the DB kit.

I added 1" to my adjustments on the RC kit..This pushed the axle forward, also helped the ride out..It was a long time ago so i would have to messure them again..

yeah drop brackets would help you right out, only a fraction of the cost of long arms.

I added 1" to my adjustments on the RC kit..This pushed the axle forward, also helped the ride out..It was a long time ago so i would have to messure them again..

If you could pull a measurement for me that would be great.

As far as brackets go I might try them.

it rides ok and this truck for my kid is making me want to buy another one for myself, I like them more then my ZJ.

Thanks for the help guys.

Adjust the control arms so the wheels sit where you want them. Then fine tune them, to get your pinion and caster angles correct. Drop brackets will help and give a much better ride. The numbers given by the lift MFGs are starting numbers, may not be where you need to be. Here another length chart; http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Suspension_Steering_Axles_and_Brakes/Control_Arm_Chart.htm

Thanks for the chart. they are set at 15.5 upper 16.5 Lower I think i might leave the uppers and add 1/2" to the lowers. I have a HP30 if that matters

You " absolutely" need a adjustable trac bar with basic that kit.a drop pitman arm is not the way to go.read up on problems they cause.why they sell a kit that tall without the adjustable trac bar is beyond me.

also get the true height on your lift,not uncommon to be over advertised height when new.i would start at 15 uppers and 16.5 lowers,check the alignment thread i gave you for the diff degree for your height.you absolutely need a adjustable trac bar.

The figures yucca man has on his site are close especially, when drop brackets are not being used.i would start at 15 upper and 16.5 lowers,check the diff angle and go from thier.u can also measure center hub center hub to check if wheels are centered 101.4.

Back