• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a different kind of dakota spring question

smalltownbird

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to lift my 99 xj 3-4 inches for as little as possible. I've decided to go tue budget boost route. I found some 3.5" rubicon express front springs for $100 on craigslist that I'm using for the front. For the rear i plan on using Dakota leaf springs. I have a 98 Dakota r/t extended cab that the motor blew in that ive parted out. I still have the leaf springs though so that is a freebie which is always nice.

So the question is since the r/t was 1" lower from the factory then the normal Dakota how much of the dakota r/t leaf pack should i use to get 4" of lift?

Thanks,
Preston

I used the s-10 leaf springs, I did get 4" of lift. I used the two longer s-10 and kept the main leaf and the two lower from the xj. I got exactly 4" and it rides very nice, except I have something rubbing when I hit the brakes really hard.

I used the s-10 leaf springs, I did get 4" of lift. I used the two longer s-10 and kept the main leaf and the two lower from the xj. I got exactly 4" and it rides very nice, except I have something rubbing when I hit the brakes really hard.

Not that it helps since your question is on Dakota leafs but this is what I did and had the same results, I would say if your pack is flat already I would try adding the main and 2nd leaf from your dakota pack and pull the 2nd xj leaf and see what you get.

i used an 88 dakota leaf spring from an extended cab truck, couldnt tell you complete specs ... =) it was green. but anyway i used my main leaf and all 4 leafs from the dakota including the overload spring as which i cut off to the size of my leaf spring perch to act like a 1/2-3/4" block and i got a good solid 4 inches of lift, it rides stiff unloaded but it rides really awesome when loaded with 150lb's+ camping gear in it.

Back