• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big THANK YOU

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to Curt(aka The Mayor of truckhaven)and Paul Air for all the work they did today to put my springs back under my jeep..Curt had some spare bushing laying around that he pressed into my leafs..I can now drive my jeep again..Thank you GUYS...I need to buy you lunch as soon as i can come up with some cash...:cheers:

They also did pauls springs today, what a pain in the butt that was..But he is all good now..I think it was ME telling and pointing:nono: what to do that did the trick..LOL..Now PICK a DATE to go to BB curt...We need you to show us the way...

Glad I woke up & remembered I had those old springs... called Paul and he said his rode WAY nicer going home...

Free bushings...
Yours back on the road...
Paul's sporting new Deavers...

Trifecta... (and some therapy for me... BONUS)

Curt

Glad I woke up & remembered I had those old springs... called Paul and he said his rode WAY nicer going home...

Free bushings...
Yours back on the road...
Paul's sporting new Deavers...

Trifecta... (and some therapy for me... BONUS)

Curt

Yup, good day.

This is the only pic I got of your's. It went so fast, I didn't get any more.

big-bear-deaver-spring-install-136.jpg

But not this one.

big-bear-deaver-spring-install-164.jpg

Two things to over come:

1) The springs were longer going out the back, from the guide pin.

2) The guide pin was 5/8" on the new springs, and My stock one is 9/16" .

So Curt fixed that.

big-bear-deaver-spring-install-169.jpg

big-bear-deaver-spring-install-166.jpg

The length was handled by the shackle relocators, we moved the shackle one hole.

I must, at this point, Tip My Hat to the Fella's a Deaver Springs.

big-bear-deaver-spring-install-171.jpg

What a Great Ride. Can't wait to Really test them...Scott.:laugh3:

I'm thinking TODAY would be good..I got a free hour or more, give and take a day..:D Did you get them other parts on you wanted?:doh:..Yea i had too

I need to get more of these made..Love this sticker..It fits no matter what you're doing with your jeep..Playing or working on it..LOL
big-bear-deaver-spring-install-136.jpg

I'm thinking TODAY would be good..I got a free hour or more, give and take a day..:D Did you get them other parts on you wanted?:doh:..Yea i had too

Changed out the U-bolts for the New ones. Don't want to do the bolts yet, no need really. Sometime I'll have them off again.:jester:

I think yours were O.K. check to make sure... I think Paul's got overlooked when the shackle angle issue came to light.

Curt

:rolleyes: Ok, but he called. :D Passenger side was snug, drivers side was...not. :shiver:

But Thank's again Curt & Scott for your help. I REALLY wanted to get these on. But knowing about that bolt, I didn't dare, until I had the right tools :)fuse:) and some help.

I hear that Football is pregnant.:shhh:

So curt when we going to BB? come up with a day please..We need you to help us find our way..

I'm not sure I have any free weekends... y'all put something together & I'll see if I'm free... I might go for our usual annual night ride... not sure when.

Curt

So curt when we going to BB? come up with a day please..We need you to help us find our way..

I'll just set the Garmin, though as a disclaimer, we could end up in Flagstaff.:dunno:

Back