• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tnt customs track bar problems

johnnyfitz14

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys

i just recently installed the tnt customs track bar (http://tntcustoms.com/trackbarsystemmjxjzj.aspx) and im having problems.
What is happening is when i start and stop or hit a bump i feel a thud on the floor boards or on the clutch/brake or gas whichever im on at the time???

i crawled under there to see, when i push up or try to rock it foward it makes the thud ever once and a while only when the superflex joint moves.... im so lost??? please help

thanks john

make sure the bracket is torqued, it liked to come loose.
got the right bolts in it? its not unheard of for people to install the wrong bolt.

take a breaker bar to the bracket to frame bolts, if it still makes a noise then weld the braket to the frame, also make sure the joints aint junk

very similar question, different brand track bar... anyone have the torque spec's to the track bar bolts? and more importantly the frame side mount? my haynes service book failed to list the mount bolts. im wanting to threadlock it but im looking to torque it to spec first.

The bolt that goes through the johnny joint needs to be tight enough to immobilize the joint, or else it will rattle around inside the bracket <-- this makes a nice clunk

While you're doing that, loosen and retorque the lower bolt with the vehicle at rest. The lower rubber bushing needs to be immobilized at default position to work properly.

Back