• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ICON CJ3B

Blazair

NAXJA Forum User
Went to pick up a pair of bumpers this morning in Van Nuys and saw it in person on the show room floor along with it's big brother. Nice but way out of my price range. I'd rather build a half dozen really nice XJ's for that kind of money but then I don't have that kind of money to play with.

At my shop we do work for TLC from time to time, one of the guys down there actually has a nice XJ. We made the windshield for the prototype on that one. I would not spend that kind of money on one of those. For that price tag think of the rig you can put togather! Some of the higher end icons they have got desil engines in them kinda cool.

The Land Cruiser Icon makes is bad ass, if you want something like that. Definitely well built, all the right off road parts. Doing a 3B is pretty cool, we had a 3B when I was growing up, with a SBC motor and we raced it in the sand drags and hill climbs. I got to drive it around on the weekends when I was in high school and regularly go to Pismo.

This one is pricey, but it's got good parts. Rubi D44's and linked front and rear with coilovers, not a bad start. The EcoTech should be a good motor for this setup.....order it turbo'd and you get 300 HP.

I don't think I could justify that vehicle at half that price. But then my opinion is biased because I am poor. Definitely a well built vehicle. It is a great toy for the wealthy. I guess I will have to stick to cherokees built for around 10 thousand bux that will outwheel that thing all day long :D

Back