• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will it fit?

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
Just bought a washer and dryer.

I have the bottom of the back seat out and the center console it out as well.

Will they fit?

No, not at the same time. LOL

Or do I need to rent a truck?

I figure someone on here has tried to shove on in the back of an Xj at some point.

No hitch.

Regular sized w/d...

fatmax_xtremetape.jpg

are you an ameriCAN, or an ameriCANT? go handle that shit, you could be doing your first load of wash by now.

If it were convienient to go measure them before I go to pick them up I would.

So I'm here, taking the abuse in the hopes that someone has shoved a washing machine, or attempted to do so, in their XJ at some point and is benevolent enough to answer my thread.

my dryer is approx. 25x27x41. washer is approx. 26x27x41. they would each fit in an MJ.

my xj is parked down the street, ima go get somethin to eat, be back in about an hour with a definitive answer.

my guess? XXXX yeah. but we'll see.`

Thanks

I'm thinking it will fit. I know the back of mine with the seat installed and down is about 72".

Gotta be at least 25" from floor to ceiling and 27" side to side...

I have a queen size bed and two box springs to move too. I can tie them on top. At least if I roll over the landing would be soft...

PHOTOGMIKE thats a good idea. Thanks

Should fit on their sides, but I don't think you'll get both in there at once. I've hauled some small freezers and fridges, but haven't tried to pack a washer or dryer in there.

33" height, 40something between the wheel wells. If all else fails, throw one on the roof rack.

Last edited:
maybe its just fridges, but i didnt think you could lay them on their sides/backs

if they are fine to lay down then they should fit for sure. you have something like 42-43 inches between the tire fender wells. you could prolly fit em both if you laid them sideways

I once heard of a guy hauling a washer, dryer, busboy, and two waiters in the back of his XJ from Mexicali to LA.

Couldn't help myself!

maybe its just fridges, but i didnt think you could lay them on their sides/backs

if they are fine to lay down then they should fit for sure. you have something like 42-43 inches between the tire fender wells. you could prolly fit em both if you laid them sideways

It is anything with a compressor- fridges, freezers, AC units. Compressor oil runs out into the coils, or so I've been told. Washer drum should find it's center. Dryer shouldn't have anything to cause issues either.

I jammed a dryer in the back of mine once, I forget if I put the seat down or not and it hung out so I had to tie it in and drive slowly. Fortunately I only had a few blocks to go.

That being said, I threw one in the back of the MJ along with about half a dozen cardboard boxes and a bookshelf and it fit fine. Clearly you've got the wrong type vehicle.

I once heard of a guy hauling a washer, dryer, busboy, and two waiters in the back of his XJ from Mexicali to LA.

Couldn't help myself!
You heard about the Mexican sports car they're making? It's got 4 on the floor and 12 in the back seat.

You heard about the Mexican sports car they're making? It's got 4 on the floor and 12 in the back seat.

And I thought I was bad! LOL!

Couldn't help myself!

I don't care who you are, that there's FUNNAY!

Back