• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front BUmper and Grade 8 Hardware

The stock bolts are metric, I want to say M12 by something but I'm not sure. The rear one goes into a weldnut so it needs to stay metric unless you fix that. Front two on each side go into clip-nuts so they can be fixed easily. I would keep the stock though, it's all ISO Property Class 9.something or 10.9 (I forget) and is just as strong as grade 8. The most I'd do is go buy longer bolts of the same grade.

Can't see from the pic, does it use just the stock 3 mounting locations on each side or does it tie into the other bolt holes further back along the frame? I would not use it for recovery unless it ties into other bolt holes.

The stock bolts are metric, I want to say M12 by something but I'm not sure. The rear one goes into a weldnut so it needs to stay metric unless you fix that. Front two on each side go into clip-nuts so they can be fixed easily. I would keep the stock though, it's all ISO Property Class 9.something or 10.9 (I forget) and is just as strong as grade 8. The most I'd do is go buy longer bolts of the same grade.

Can't see from the pic, does it use just the stock 3 mounting locations on each side or does it tie into the other bolt holes further back along the frame? I would not use it for recovery unless it ties into other bolt holes.

this is good advice.
If it does not have frame tie ins you need them, end of story. The stock bumper mounts will tear off if you pull on them for recovery. t te very least it nees to go through the sleeved factory winch mount hole thats about 18" back on the frame rail. Bonus points if it ties in your steering box to really stiffen up that whole area.

If you want you can just drop 60 bucks @ jcr and get the plates and ardware if that bumper doesn't have plates.
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=3UNBF&Category_Code=XJB

Back