• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3'' Lift to 4.5'' Lift Upgrade

hoopty1111

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

My 2000 XJ Sport currently has a 3'' Rough Country Add-a-leaf kit installed on it. However, I am looking for just a bit more lift. Using coil spacers and shackles I'd like to go up to about a 4.5'' lift.

Besides the shackles and spacers, what else would I need? Would it just be more cost efficient to buy a whole new 4.5 inch kit?

Thanks.

I stopped at 3 inches because any higher, and lots of little things must be done to accomodate the increased ride height. Extended brake lines, SYE, track bar, etc. I am of course not assuming you have done any of these extras at 3 inches.

Like the last guy said, you'll need many other parts to better fit the more extreme angles of the driveline + extended brake lines + control arms.

Read into: slip-yoke eliminators/different driveshaft, transfer case drops, angled shims for the rear axle, upper and lower control arms (adjustable preferably), sway bar end links, trackbar/bracket, which brake lines to use (from certain year Wranglers or some Chevy trucks), shocks, etc

This is the jump (~3-4.5) where you need to start getting these other correcting parts.

It's not as easy as just swapping springs and shocks unfortunately.

try to find yourself some 4.5 coils, upper/lower control arms and a shackles and a set of brakelines and call it a day, if you run the coil spacer on your 3 inch coils the ride will suck imo.

Back