• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf pack help

The AAL will sag over time and lose about half of it's lift. I would get the long AAL as apposed to a short one if there's an option. You will be better off in the long run with a new set of leaf packs though. Do you have extended shackles? If not that's a much better and cheaper fix and will get you the height your looking for.

Is RCX rough country? They have a 2" leaf pack?

Keep this in mind, the more you arch the leaf pack with AAL's, the worse your shackle angle will become and worse it will ride. But to answer your question, yes you can.

If you've got the extra scratch, go for a full leaf pack.

I ran a Rusty's AAL on my stock (1992) springs for about five years, and they were okay but when the AAL's finally lost their arch the whole spring pack went flat as a pancake.

On it's final wheeling trip with the AAL's, my buddies said that they thought my spring packs were actually arching the OTHER way a couple of times!

As long as your stock springs still have good arch to them, they AAL's are a decent temporary solution...but the key word there is "temporary". Eventually, you will be spending money on a full spring pack.

OME Add-a-Leaf Springs to a Cherokee XJ this is a great option to the standard AAL. you can also go with a bit longer shackle,if you have not already or a 1" solid steel block. i personally make my own bastard packs.Add a Leafs, Zero Rate for 4x4 Suspensions from Offroad Design this is a great product since it ties into the leaf spring pack,only type i use.thier is absolutely nothin wrong with a short block for a little extra height.

I can vouch for OME AAL's. IMO they are the only AAL that should be offered cuz they don't harshen up the ride like traditional AAL's do. I ran two sets of them in my OME 2" spring pack for 4" lift and it still rode very nicely.

Back