• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel options for Cherokee

Anker26

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 cherokee and a brand new set of 16" tires. The 16" wheels that I have are 5 0n 5 and I either need to find a set of 5 on 4.5 x 16" or buy a set of adapters. Any recomendations? Are adapters reliable and will they create balance issues? Thanks!!

Try to stay away from adapters, they will throw off your offset and backspacing. Let alone the strength issue. We've been playing with XJs for a while, and they seem happiest with real OEM types of wheels. My son's '95 has 16" '96-'98 ZJ wheels, with no prolemo at all. They weren't cheap, as he got them re-finished from wheelcollision.com, but well worth it, they look like brand new.

You could also go with TJ Rubicon wheels. I believe they are 16"s as well, but with 5x4.5" bolt pattern.

42777d1181616409-2004-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-worklog-rubicon.jpg

'03-'06 TJ Rubicons are what you want. You don't want any of the '07-present JK rubicons, as they have a different bolt pattern.

Back