• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new xj

maine96xj

NAXJA Forum User
i just bought a 96 XJ sport and am fairly new to the whole jeep scene, athough my father has been into jeeps for years. i just ahve some quick
?'s its got 170,000 on it its the high output, and its pretty solid except soem rust on the floor boards which i plan to patch and seal. i paid 1400 for it but it seems to run great and is quiter than my dads zj that has 80,000 on it. anyone think this was a good deal? also, what are some good cheap mods to think about??

maine96xj said:
i just bought a 96 XJ sport and am fairly new to the whole jeep scene, athough my father has been into jeeps for years. i just ahve some quick
?'s its got 170,000 on it its the high output, and its pretty solid except soem rust on the floor boards which i plan to patch and seal. i paid 1400 for it but it seems to run great and is quiter than my dads zj that has 80,000 on it. anyone think this was a good deal? also, what are some good cheap mods to think about??

A BB to start off. Skids. Some decient mud tires. Service the rig. Go from there... $1400 aint a bad price at all, IMO.

i plan on wheeling a little bit on the weekends but this thing is going to be mostly a daily driver jeep. i also had heard the 96 is a good year for the xj? is this true?

bb is budget boost. Usually these can be bought as a kit from places like rubicon express. Comes with shocks, spacers for the front, and a aal for the back.

Or you can do a search for budget boost, there are alot of write ups on how to do a home brew budget boost using grandcherokee v8 front coils, and s 10 rear springs, cost you alot less money, but its your rig.

Back