• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which lift to use?

BIGB197480

NAXJA Forum User
hi,this is my first xj.2000 4.0.was wondering what is the best lift for the money?3 inches is fine but how big can i go without changeing driveshafts,brakelines,upper and lower control arms?can i do just 3inch spacers in the front and shackles or add a leafs in the back.this is my daily driver.dont want to get to radical.would not be doin any real serious off roading.some trails,31 inch tires also,thanks for any help.

If its your DD buy a rc 3" SERIES 2 kit or something similar. Don't You will most likely need a SYE kit for it too. the 00-01 XJs are bad about driveline vibes even at 2".

flexd, i can vouch for a 2" lift and dl vibes, even when i went to 4" i still had them but after the t/c drop they pretty much went away. bigB i think the best lift for the money is the iron rock offroad
http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-X4CPK

this lift kit gives you pretty much everything you need for 1049. and you will be able to get alot more articulation then you could ever want. plus its a long arm suspension kit, more than likely you will have a better ride than your stock suspension. best part is, you only have to buy 1 lift kit instead of trial and error.

ok, correction on the iron rock offroad kit, i just noticed it does not come with an aftermarket track bar, so thats an extra 189.00there are other kits out there like OME, rubicon express, TNT etc. its just iron rock offroad has caught my eye recently and every review i've seen has been a good one.

its all about whats in your budget man. i started off with 2" lift coils and block, i wheeled it like crazy. i checked the rear u bolts at least once a month cuz they liked to loosen up but it satisfied my needs for the time being. my lift i have now is a total mutt. tomken lower control arms re 4" coils full traction track bar and dodge dakota leaf springs with pro comp shocks. i think i paid 135 for the lift and 150 for shocks and overall im pretty happy with it. i will say it rides a little bit rough because its short arm. but xmas/tax time will fix that.

if your not planning on wheeling it i say save your money and buy a good quality 2-3-4" setup the first time. if your like the rest of us you will get a bad case of inchitus. :) you will start out with a 2" lift and 6 months and a few trails later you will be wanting to go bigger with tons more flex. lol ask me how i know ;)

LOL.that is true. i have had dozons of 79 ford 4x4.bigger was always better.but young and dumb with home made lifts.the older i get i agree with waitn and gettn a good one the first time.thanks for all the help

First thing...

Go with a 4.5 lift, you can get alot of flex out of this size...32" tires work great with this lift, but you can fit 33's under it too..I myself run the RC lifts on both my jeeps, my wifes has the 4.5 and i have the 6.5...I would like to buy the IRO set up for mine but the wife says no for now...Alot of folks like the RE kit's..So depends on how much you want to spend...RC backs there stuff up and so does IRO..
HTH..

hi,this is my first xj.2000 4.0.this is my daily driver.dont want to get to radical.would not be doin any real serious off roading.some trails,31 inch tires also,thanks for any help.

scott i dont think flex is that much of a concern to him
First thing...

Go with a 4.5 lift, you can get alot of flex out of this size...32" tires work great with this lift, but you can fit 33's under it too..I myself run the RC lifts on both my jeeps, my wifes has the 4.5 and i have the 6.5...I would like to buy the IRO set up for mine but the wife says no for now...Alot of folks like the RE kit's..So depends on how much you want to spend...RC backs there stuff up and so does IRO..
HTH..

my fiance told me to go ahead and buy the IRO kit :laugh3: i just need to get the money for my lift first thats all!

i think alot of people like RE kits because of the name. if you slapped a RE sticker on skyjackers stuff people would buy it. rough country has come along nicely. their kits look pretty nice.

Back