• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D & C Cage in a 2 Door

Blue XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone out there running the D&C cage in a 2 door? I don't really use my back seat, and most of the time it isn't even in, but I do climb back there to load up gear and stuff. Would I still be able to access the back seat area with the b-pillar bar that goes behind the seats? It looks like I would be able to get around it somehow, just not too sure how easily.

Yep. The cage is pretty user-friendly and outta the way. The "B" hoop legs bend inward and the foot-plates mount to the floor right above the unibody frame rail, so the floor board where the rear passenger's would put their feet is kinda cramped, but otherwise, getting to the back seat area for storage isn't a big deal at all.

Since it's a weld in cage anyway, you could fab up mounts for the cross bar that allow it to be bolted in, or use hitch pins or the like to remove it when you need to. I did that in a '70 Chevelle race car I had, that I had to drive to school. Pulled the door bars and the rear cross bar for daily driving.

I meant more along the line of the b-pillar cross bar, not the hoop. I'm just thinking it would be hard to get into the backseat having to climb over/under the horizontal bar behind the seats. Once the seat is flipped forward, you would have a bar right were you needed to go. I would rather weld it in then put it on hitch pins.

That's what I'm referring to. The cross bar isn't a big deal. That's the bar that could be made removeable.

BUT, the placement of the "B" hoop legs is not optimal if there were rear passengers - the legs/mounting plates mount right in the middle of the floorboard.

Hey guys, i'm new on here but i was looking for forums that were talking about cages for XJ's
i have a 4door... so it's a little different.
the thing is, the D&C cage is 450 bucks and that's a steal for that style.

does anybody know if they still make thoes cages and what's the best way to reach the guys as D&C?

how is the cage that is made out of HREW (is it a well bent cage)? also, how much more is the DOM version of that cage?

TIA.

:cheers:

IceXJ said:
Hey guys, i'm new on here but i was looking for forums that were talking about cages for XJ's
i have a 4door... so it's a little different.
the thing is, the D&C cage is 450 bucks and that's a steal for that style.

does anybody know if they still make thoes cages and what's the best way to reach the guys as D&C?

how is the cage that is made out of HREW (is it a well bent cage)? also, how much more is the DOM version of that cage?

TIA.

:cheers:

#1....internet.. search...

http://www.dandcextreme.com/product_template.asp?pkID=126

Back