• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What color is my XJ?

Bigjfb

NAXJA Forum User
No, not a guessing game, unless you want to.

92 xj sport, 4wd, want to buy some touch-up paint, but don't know what color my jeep is besides some shade of red.

Is there a code hiding somewhere?

Last edited:
Ok, tag is under hood on firewall, drivers side. Going with Banderso's awesome link (Thank you sir) I have the codes PE4 and QE4, so E4= Colorado Red Clearcoat, the swatch in the link looks right to me.

So for those of you who guessed Colorado Red Clearcoat, you are winners, please allow six to eight weeks for the shipping of your prize.

Thanks

Ok, tag is under hood on firewall, drivers side. Going with Banderso's awesome link (Thank you sir) I have the codes PE4 and QE4, so E4= Colorado Red Clearcoat, the swatch in the link looks right to me.

So for those of you who guessed Colorado Red Clearcoat, you are winners, please allow six to eight weeks for the shipping of your prize.

Thanks
If you find touch-up paint off the shelf, let me know where. Mine is also PE4 & I have never been able to find touch-up paint in sprayable quantities, or even in the little tiny bottles. I've always had to get mine custom mixed.

Also for those who care: I see that some auto parts stores have recently begun to sell small spray cans of factory color for different makes/models. Haven't seen any for the older XJ paint codes, though.

automotivetouchup.com claims they have it in half-ounce and 2-ounce bottles along with pint and quart cans. I got my paint for my '96 there after I ended up in a fender bender in fall 08.

Back