• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

herculined interior...pics??, and questions

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well today i finished pulling all my carpet out, and i plan on herculining the interior within the next week or two. after pulling the carpet up in the front i noticed there were a few wires under those carpets, they look like they go to the seatbelts. how did yall with hercd. floors, or no carpet cover up these wires

also anybody got pics of their interiors

I don't have any pics either but I just rolled mine out, couple layers, and used the corrogated wire covering, you can buy it at advanced or auto zone. make sure you sand and prime any rusty spots if you can

luckly i dont have a 1 rust spot, which was absolutely amazing, because when i pulled up the padding it was soaked. and it hasn't even rained lately:nono:

but is the correlated, and convulated stuff the same, or different things??

jeepers011.jpg

jeepers010.jpg

yeah, I wasn't so lucky, everything in the dark blue was rust

jeepnuts311 said:
what year is your rig? i dont have that sideways channel in the floor that is about even with the parkin brake handle. my floor is flat. i have a 1990.

-Tim
Pre 94 XJ's don't have the channel. They changed in 94 it's where the front of the seat mount attaches.

rocklandxjer said:
its a 97+
Its a 1996

I ended up removing the horizontal channels anyway, I welded in brackets and installed 2 modified seats from a Huey helicopter with harness'
And the back seat brackets i used for a lock box, the red line shows where I welded up a sheet of metal, with a locking door on it, nice lil storage area
jeepers0110.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys how bad is it taking the carpet out? How long did it take? I'd like to bedline my interior, but I hear the road noise gets pretty loud.

took me 20 minutes, had to cut a lil around the seat belts, and you gotta pull it out of the side in the back

the noise isnt that bad. plus. you can always segment your carpets (after taking the foamy stuff from the bottom) so that you have floormat like carpets that will deaden the sound a tad

hey everybody

well lasts night i purchased a gallon of the hercluner by itself, as i have plenty of stuff for sanding, and painting.

but today somebody told me you have to use the roller that they provide with the kit or you wont get the right texture. if i just use a regular roller that i would have in my basement would that not work...also they said using a regular paint brush with bristles to get corners, edges etc doesn't work because it wont provide the right texture..is any of this true, or am i fine

wishihad1 said:
hey everybody

well lasts night i purchased a gallon of the hercluner by itself, as i have plenty of stuff for sanding, and painting.

but today somebody told me you have to use the roller that they provide with the kit or you wont get the right texture. if i just use a regular roller that i would have in my basement would that not work...also they said using a regular paint brush with bristles to get corners, edges etc doesn't work because it wont provide the right texture..is any of this true, or am i fine

I have only done the front half of my jeep, and I didnt use the roller. Anyway, from what I understand, Herculiner isnt like normal paint, so you cant just brush it on. You have to dab it on, which ended up working really well for me. Hope that helps.
Later,
Joe

Back