• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need to get some good skids..

TNT and DPG x2

ZachMan said:
I don't know man, not sure I'd recommend them or not, but thats all just from hearsay and a few pics.

I used to have their Tcase skid. It was definitely a well built solid unit. I removed it and went with the Warn because the skidrow one is made to fit with a Tcase drop...so if you don't have one, the back of it hangs down too low! The warn one can be used with a Tcase drop, you just put a drop on the part of the skid that bolts to the framerail as well.

I'm running the skid row gas tank. Rusty's front, engine/transmission, and transfercase skid. These have saved my but many times on the rocks. Their designs are very similar but of the two I'd recommend Rusty's. Rusty's stuff fit well and IMHO stronger.

I've got a Warn T/C skid. It does it's job, and seems nice and strong. However it would be nice to have something that covers the CAT, and maybe the muffler. I've gotten a few small dents in mine.

scoobyxj said:
I've got a Warn T/C skid. It does it's job, and seems nice and strong. However it would be nice to have something that covers the CAT, and maybe the muffler. I've gotten a few small dents in mine.

DPG or TnTs skids give a ton of coverage! You pay for it though. Although, you don't really want to cover the cat completely, because it will build up heat and come through the floor. Cat's are cheap, mine has taken a few good hits and still passes emissions with visible rock rash! I used to bash my skid row off of stuff pretty hard and it never deformed at all. The warn I abuse just as hard, but it probably doesn't get hit quite as frequently, since it doesn't hang down so low. It has deformed a tiny bit where it attaches to the frame rail...but that's because the frame rail is deformed! It's not the most heavy duty unit, but it definitely gets the job done. I've had the majority of the vehicle weight supported on it, and I've slammed it pretty hard...3" of lift and 32s don't make for the best breakover angle in the world, haha.

Warn is a good cheap Tcase skid, but not the best. Ideally I'd love to be running either the DPG or the TnT......it's that $$$$ thing though, damnit!

IM running SkidRow's skids (engine/tranny and tcase) and I dont think the rear hangs down too low on the Tcase skid? Im also running it w/ NO tcase drop.. Its a very solid unit and is well built.

IF your interested in both or them (engine/tranny and tcase) send me a PM... IM looking to upgrade to TNT longarms and cant run the skids anymore.

Chris

EDIT: regarding the failure you see in the link above... I would like to actually see what it was hit on...

XJCreeper said:
I'm running the skid row gas tank. Rusty's front, engine/transmission, and transfercase skid. These have saved my but many times on the rocks. Their designs are very similar but of the two I'd recommend Rusty's. Rusty's stuff fit well and IMHO stronger.
x2
I am running the exact same setup and have been very happy so far.

Anyone know if the Warn skid is compatible with a FT long arm?

Back