• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 24lb Fuel Injectors Myth Buster; Proven Results

HttpWayne

NAXJA Forum User
These fuel injectors are NOT a swap-n-pop replacement. I'm sure they can be ran with modifications made, but don't try to use them. The idle bounces from 750 to 1000, and on acceleration the engines vibrates horribly and misses/stumbles.

I used these fuel injectors just after we broke the cam in on my 4.6 stroker; and I believe that this is ultimately what caused the cam to get wiped out which took some of the valve lifters with it.. resulting in purchasing and installing a new cam and lifters after decontaminating the engine. Basically had to rebuild the stroker in the end.

I ran the actual 24 pound injectors that were pulled from a Ford Mustang Cobra, AND the summit racing 24lb'ers brand new. Neither worked.
I then found this interesting article after the ASE certified mechanic assisting me told me he found out from someone else that he works with that there are "high frequency and low frequency" fuel injectors.

Here's the link to what I found out. After also searching on summit I found out that the Ford Mustang's injectors, leading me to believe that Jeep uses Peak and Hold style injectors.

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/peak-hold-vs-saturated-injectors-30347/

Thats funny. I have around 100k miles on my 4.7L stroker using the 24# Mustang injectors. I had a minor issue with them running rich at our 5000ft altitude and used a MAP adjuster to dial the mixture down a touch.

24# Ford blue tops here, no issues with my Mopar based 4.7L.

CRASH is running the same injectors on his Renix 4.6L without issue as well.

I think you might have had an isolated incident. I've been running Ford injectors for about a year, in a 4.0 and have had no issues, and I had an increase in MPG...... I love'm.

Thread busted! 6 years and 35K miles and my ford motorsport 24lb injectors work great.

Its a 4.6 stroker but everything else is bone stock other than the injectors. Its been great, never had any check engine light issues or anything. Its started in 0 degree weather just fine as well.

Its possible it might need a larger pump. My fuel pressure goes down pretty good if I run it hard but my guage setup was questionable as it was pinched in the hood. My stock fuel pump also has 230K miles on it so its suspect as well. Other than my shady fuel gauge reading nothing leads me to believe its starving for fuel. I probably will replace the pump soon to see if it changes my readings and hey it might increase performance as a 13 year old pump with 230K may not be enough. If it does pick up some power it will be a nice bonus, it hasn't last any since its been in there.

Last edited:
I've built two 4.6 strokers, one in the XJ and one in the buggy, both have 24lb Ford injectors and both run great.......no issues.

I've put ford 24lb injectors into about 5 XJ's now with excellent results in every one.

I've been running the LT1s in my stroker, but a few months ago I gave the blue tops w/single pintles a go(before they went in the m3)--they worked but my build likes the LT1s better(and the LT1s wouldn't mount in the m3 due to the differences in the retainer slots). I know of there being differences in high and low impedance injectors, but haven't heard of high and low frequency.

Last edited:
These fuel injectors are NOT a swap-n-pop replacement. I'm sure they can be ran with modifications made, but don't try to use them. The idle bounces from 750 to 1000, and on acceleration the engines vibrates horribly and misses/stumbles.

I used these fuel injectors just after we broke the cam in on my 4.6 stroker; and I believe that this is ultimately what caused the cam to get wiped out which took some of the valve lifters with it.. resulting in purchasing and installing a new cam and lifters after decontaminating the engine. Basically had to rebuild the stroker in the end.

I ran the actual 24 pound injectors that were pulled from a Ford Mustang Cobra, AND the summit racing 24lb'ers brand new. Neither worked.
I then found this interesting article after the ASE certified mechanic assisting me told me he found out from someone else that he works with that there are "high frequency and low frequency" fuel injectors.

Here's the link to what I found out. After also searching on summit I found out that the Ford Mustang's injectors, leading me to believe that Jeep uses Peak and Hold style injectors.

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-articles/peak-hold-vs-saturated-injectors-30347/

Are you really trying to say that you believe that a set of injectors wore out your camshaft??

Are you really trying to say that you believe that a set of injectors wore out your camshaft??

i thought the same, how could an injector wearout a camshaft? but after thinkling about, i guess it would be possible for it to happen during the breakin process because the injector not functioning proporly during the combustion stroke may not apply enough force to harden the lobes.

i dont know if its possible, but that would be my take on it.:dunno:

i thought the same, how could an injector wearout a camshaft? but after thinkling about, i guess it would be possible for it to happen during the breakin process because the injector not functioning proporly during the combustion stroke may not apply enough force to harden the lobes.

i dont know if its possible, but that would be my take on it.:dunno:

The valve springs put pressure on the lifters and cam lobes, not the combustion process. Don't see how the injectors can effect the cam lobes.

The valve springs put pressure on the lifters and cam lobes, not the combustion process. Don't see how the injectors can effect the cam lobes.

like i said, i couldnt see how it could happen either, i was jsut trying to come with a reason.

Back