• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i failed =_[

skull_black

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone get results like mine?
And if so what do I need to fix it
Thanks in advance
f31e816a.jpg

3da82cd5.jpg

when is the last time you did a tune up? you're close, i would think new plugs cap n rotor would get it to pass.

I'm with Mike, you're so close you can taste it. Tune it up, fill it up, and make sure it's at full operating temperature when you test it (I tend to leave the vehicle idling while waiting in line).

Prior to your next test, get on the freeway and run it as hard as you can (safely!)for about 10 minutes....

It'll blow all the hydrocarbons and built up crap out of the cylinders...

You might not want to have it smogged with seafoam in the tank... not sure what that will do to the numbers. I suppose all you can do is try it :dunno:

Also XJs tend to run best with good ol champion copper core plugs, mine won't pass smog with anything but RC9YC's in it. I have a set I use just for smog then take out and put my 4430 truck plugs back in cause it seems to have more power with those.

^Ditto, get a set of copper cores, I run autolites, but they are all about the same. When you get into the platinums and others they can fowl and the copper cores wont. They just wont last as long, but who cares at $2 each and they are easy to get too.

o2 would make it run rich, but that would have shown up in your first scan as high hydrocarbons i would think. if the HC jumped up a lot out of the blue might be the seafoam in the gas :dunno: the last time i smogged my xj i put a bottle of injector cleaner in and the HCs jumped way up from my first test.

Back