• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power questions

moparman96

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a brand new smittybilt xrc 8 winch. And I have a bracket to mount it to a receiver. the idea is so I can put it on the front or the back. What I need to know is how do I get power to the front and the back with out moving heavy cables when ever i want to put my winch on the back. And is there any sort of battery i should get or better alternator? I have never had a winch before so I figure these are things i should know.

Thank you for your time.

You need to urun some heavy (0 gauge) cable from the battery to the rear and up front. You can attach it along the frame rails. A better alternator wouldn't hurt.

Send 5-90 a PM. I just talked to him the other day about the same thing. If you take the measurements he can make the cables for you, or I'm sure he will answer any questions you have about making your own.

Droopy

Back