• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yes I searched, Ride after 2 inch lift

ruehmann

NAXJA Forum User
hey I know this is little stuff for you guys. Anyone have a 2 inch lift? if so how does it ride? I've had 35's and 6 inches but with kids in the back seat locker and stock to min lift will serve me well.

any effect on spedo gear and gas mileage with 30 inch tires?

Trying to decide if I keep it stock or go higher. I need new shocks and upper and lower control arms . . .. That got me thinking lift kit?

Any ideas or used stuff you guys can provide or sell?

Can you replace UCA and LCA bushings? the local 4X 4 shop says no dice.

Thanks

On my red 96 i had a 3 inch lift and it rode great. Had stock coils and an AAL in the rear. Rode and flexed like mad. Had stock lowers. If you can find someone with stock lower control arms in good condition just swap them out.

I'm running an OME approx. 2" lift. Rides as good if not better than stock.

Speedo is more accurate with 255/70/16 (30.5") tires than it was with stock size. Mpgs went down maybe 1 mpg.

You can replace individual bushings, but it is cheaper to just buy a whole new control arm with bushings installed, than to have a shop replace them individually. I think I paid $25-30 for the new control arms with bushings. You could go aftermarket, but it is a little pointless at 2".

I'm running an OME approx. 2" lift. Rides as good if not better than stock.

Speedo is more accurate with 255/70/16 (30.5") tires than it was with stock size. Mpgs went down maybe 1 mpg.

You can replace individual bushings, but it is cheaper to just buy a whole new control arm with bushings installed, than to have a shop replace them individually. I think I paid $25-30 for the new control arms with bushings. You could go aftermarket, but it is a little pointless at 2".

I also have a 2" OME kit, and agree with Troy about ride.

If you're sticking with stock LCAs, then just hit up the local 4x4 shops for takeoffs from Xjs or TJs - too much work to change the bushings, and the arms themselves are too inexpensive.

There can be a point to aftermarket LCAs - I ended up putting on a set of JKS adjustable lowers after trashing two sets in 6 months wheeling (with the second set, I bent the left LCA into something resembling a WJ LCA). Since these come with rubber bushings, I feel no difference in ride quality. Of course, if you don't wheel much or too hard, stock will probably be just fine for you.

The ride is always worse with 2" of lift than stock, because of the control arm angles. Stock height, the arms are horizontal. At 2" lift they're at 7.3°, so as the suspension compresses going over a bump, the arm forces the tire forward into the bump. It's like if you had a motorcycle fork tilted the wrong way.

The ride is always worse with 2" of lift than stock, because of the control arm angles. Stock height, the arms are horizontal. At 2" lift they're at 7.3°, so as the suspension compresses going over a bump, the arm forces the tire forward into the bump. It's like if you had a motorcycle fork tilted the wrong way.

Agreed. I put on the 2" OME lift with stock control arms, and it's a much firmer/bumpier ride than before (granted, the stock springs and leafs were shot).

Back