• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 pinion and carrier bearings...?

rehberg79

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I bought a "ready to run" D30 from another naxja member. After going over the axle and replacing ball joints on pass side and unit bearing I installed it. Now I have noticed the pinion seal and driver side axle seal leaking. I ran it in 4 wheel drive today for the first time and as soon as I engage it I feel a vibration and a chirping sound that wasn't there with the other axle. Bad bearings? None of this is noticable in 2wd..

My question is can I replace the all the bearings in this axle with out having the gears gone through? I'm really upset with this investment, I bought a high dollar nightmare.

TIA, Mat

Last edited:
No body has ever installed new bearings in there D30?

Yes, you should. I just replaced all the bearings in my rear D44, and it was fine driving it around Friday night and yesterday. But then again if there were any funny noises coming from it, i wouldn't have been able to hear them with all the noise from my tires.

Make sure you put everything back the way it was, and place the bearing caps back on correctly.

Back