• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FUEL O-RINGS

mcnamaag

NAXJA Forum User
OK so I finily got around to my fuel leak on my 87 Wagoneer and tried to get the fuel line repair kit for the pressure and return lines on a 4.0 from the dealer of course. THEY TOLD ME $59.99 A PIECE FOR THE KIT!!!!! Do I have the correct part number (83502745)? That seems WAY to high for 2 O-Rings and a plastic spacer. Hell I was going to replace both press and return but for that price I may just cut the hose and use a hose clamp. Help me out here PLEASE. This seems to be way to much for this. THANKS ALL!!

Cut the hose and use clamps. Just flare the line a little bit..so it won't tend to slide off. Smooth it out real good.

87 MY...is that fuel injection? That would be a high pressure hose.

They told me it is a fuel line repair kit. That is what I thought. Yes Fuel Inj.

This is how I re-did the fuel lines on my 94, I do not think that it will work on the RENIX but its possible. Just make sure that you double clamp and that you use Fuel Injection Hose. I have a write up on this but have not posted it yet.

For my 90' RENIX I ordered the fuel line "O" ring kit which was $12 each(you need 2) from the dealer. Sorry I do not have that part#.

Here are the fuel ine replacement on my 94'

fuelline2bk5.jpg

Thank you I did this last night. The only difference in mine and yours is my pressure line is in the rear. I really do appreciate the help this place ROCKS!!

Back