• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Park/gauge lights don't work!!!

terryd

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a full gauge cluster for my XJ today and swapped it in. Just tried it to see if all the back light gauges work, and now nothing but my head lights come on!!! You can slowly pull it out and there's a little spot where everything works, but if you pull it out till the park light position, nothings on. In the headlight position, nothing but the head lights work. Is this a "get a new headlight switch" kinda thing or is this a "just wiggle XXXX a few times and turn XXXX 1/4 turn" kinda fix?

check your parking/tail light fuse

I know it's not the fuse. The lights will come on at one particular spot in the switch between off and the park light location. They just won't work in either the park light or headlight position.

mine has a dif switch then factory so i have no mid position on the lights but i literally just checked my fuses again and found the one that says "inst lps" was toast. replaced it and now i have gauge lights again. wooooo finally. mine went out when i found my positive batt cable arcing out on my frame when i hit big enough bumps. i figured it was a fuse but i thought i had checked them all but guess not

Last edited:
Well, I feel like a moron... It was a fuse, but one under the hood. It just threw me for a loop the way the park lights and dash lights would still work in one certain spot in the switch but not in the actual park light position. :doh: It's all good now. Just need a new pack of spare fuses as I've exhausted all mine apparently.

Back