• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to install rear quarter glass?

troy

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to install some tinted rear quarter glass, but not sure what is the proper procedure. I searched, but nothing came up.

Thanks,
Troy

Remove the interior trim around the window. Peal up the seal on the inside and slowly work it out. The glass will come out with the seal.

Removal - tough way is the way Mesh described, easy way is to use a razor to cut the seal lip off so it fits through the opening easier.

Installation... involves rope and lubricants :gag::anon:

Until you get good at it, it's best to have a helper. Otherwise, if it slips, you'll be sweeping it up! I've started at a corner, with a blunt screwdriver or putty knife. Just start curling. Try to use a rope like clothesline. Nylon rope will cut the rubber.

What if your cheap and want to reuse the seal.

Well, then you break the old one, and pull the seal intact (to reuse), then cut the donor's seal. Or screw around with both of them... never had the best of luck with that.

the rubber seal on the back quarter, and rear hatch is STUPID easy to work with... if you cut it, it wont hold anymore....

STUPID easy.... allmost scary. a plastic dogbone helps (harbor freight has good ones, dirt cheap, its a plastic prybar. a tooling knife works awesome as well

What he said. Almost too easy! If you're getting them from a U Pull It kind of place, then you get to practice before you pay! But, really try to get the rubber out without ripping it. Never hurts to have a spare.

Back