• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Putting rubber spacers in help quick

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So I just finished helping my buddy put some new springs up front and he sit a 1.5" lower on the pass side then the driver side. We have tryed swapping the springs and everything but nothing helps. So he picked up some spacers, .75" spacer, 4 of them from a grand cherokee. He wants to stack two of them together to make a 1.5", is that ok to do? Or is that a bad idea? Also do you just drop the spring, pull the stock insulator off, slide the spacer up over he bumpstop then replace the stock insulator?

For 1.5" I wouldn't worry too much about it, it'll be fine. It's when you start stacking a couple inches up that it gets ghetto.

Yeah, that's exactly how to install them.

Did you drive around the block and flex out the springs before measuring.

Maybe you have a binding control arm or the sway bar links are different lengths.

That is just wierd since you swapped the springs.

He had the spring for awhile. THey were on his old jeep before and they were just fine, Then bought this Xj and just hadent put them on yet. I dont know why he sits that much lower. I sit about the same with my Xj as well. And ive never found out why eather.

They most likely aren't seated in right. My buddy had the same problem he had the coils turned to far so the hung over the side of the coil bucket and he lost about an inch. So that's what I would check first. If its not that, throw the spacers in.

Back